Super Funktackular Friday Funtime

It takes a Nation of, well, four to hold us back...
We're going to do today's post a little bit different in that I'm going to do sort of an "honorary reference" to some stories/situations/rants/ ramblings/etc. If we don't like it, it'll be a one time thing. Also, I'm going to post some more of our favorite (that's favourite for the T.Dot!) links and other miscellaneous doo-dads cause hell, it's Friday and we all need something funky to do.
So anyhow, it's Friday and I have finance class this evening. Not looking forward to it very much. I, along with most of the folks in my cohort are beyond ready for this thing to be over and done with so we can have that piece of paper and move on. So in honor of this school thing being about 9/10ths of the way done, and the fact that nobody really wants to be there anymore, The Funk presents:
Uphill Peace of Mind - Kid Dynomite
In many ways, the American experiment (Democracy, Life-Liberty-Pursuit of Happiness) is the reason for a little thing my pops calls "Them Blues".
"But Brother B, the pursuit of happiness is supposed to be a joyous thing, how's that the blues?"
I hear you, but dig this. In that pursuit of happiness that we have all be granted, it ain't going to be easy. It's not supposed to be easy. It's going to rain when you planned that spring picnic 4 months in advance and all the women are wearing white...There will be times when you have to decide between paying your light bill and feeding your kids. And out of that environment came the blues. The sweat, the toil, the pain, the sadness, the hope of slaves, of indentured servants, of blue collar betties. The genius of them blues is that anyone can relate to its stories of infidelity, unemployment, and heartache (among others). Well maybe not the silver spoon kids I saw on HBO the other day. Then again, I'm sure when their trust funds get Lil' John low, they might.
Them Blues are famous for live jam sessions (Jazz is as well) and I'm sure that if the Almighty himself wanted to create a blues jam session of epicness it would have sounded something like the next selection.
Slow Blues - Jimi Hendrix w/ B.B. King (Generation Club Live 1968) Long
I've never been a real super big fan of the NFL ( aka the No Fun League, Niffle) due to the over hyped attempt to get me to buy the "niagra" while teams take a time out to decide if the collective bargaining agreement is with it or not. Long way of saying that it's too commercial. Plus I'm a Seminole born and bred so I really only follow the ex-FSU players in the league. But hey, football is football and I'll watch some Arena League if it's between that and Emril, Live!
Now this is a funny/funky jam from the powder blue electric days of the San Diego Chargers.
San Diego Super Chargers - Chargers Band
But the best all time NFL related comedy/funk jam has to be:
The Superbowl Shuffle - Da Bears
Nuff Respect Due!
So enough of the posting thoughts and diddily doo-doo brown, here are some funky tracks for your Funky Ass Friday:
*Submitted by the infamous DJ Mentos. Big Up!
Dizzy Gillespie - Trumpet Blues
* Run Shaker Life - The Voices Of East Harlem
Pornosonic - Get Peach Fuzz
* Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band Reprise - The Beatles
The Pop - Gary Davis (iTunes mp4 format)
* I Don't Know (Satisfaction) - Sly & The Family Stone
Big Mac - Curtis Mayfield
A Day In The Life - Chocolate Snow (iTunes mp4 format)
Time of the Season - The Zombies
And the mother of all funk jammy jams:
(Not Just) Knee Deep - Funkadelic (iTunes mp4 format)
And there you have it. Download 'em all, pop them into iTunes or your favorite (favourite) media player and let all your co-workers know that you are the funkiest person in your office/class/house/bus stop/grocery store/etc. I hope all yawl have a wonderful and funktafied weekend. And if you are stuck inside with a cold or just chillin', check out these links:
The Low End Theory
HomeStar Runner
Raissa's Head
Martin Fanpage
ColorWare
Still promising to tell The Funk, the Whole Funk, and nothing but The Funk,
Brother B aka The Caucasian Don Cornelius
<< Home