Monday, February 28, 2005

Theme Week, Part Duex!




Barney Miller - Theme Song
Night Court - Theme Song
3-2-1 Contact - Theme Song

Well it's another week here at The Funk and this week we've decided on the following theme:


"Shit You Didn't Know Was Funky"

With that as our backdrop, we are going to hip you all to the sounds, sights, and smells of things that you may or may not have known to be funktafied material. Big shouts to my man, my mellow, DJ Mentos for this week's theme.

______


First up is the theme from that Mid seventies to Early eighties cop show, Barney Miller. If you don't remember the show, or are too young to have seen it, check out the synopsis
here. From the reruns that I saw later in life, it was a pretty funny show for the time. But the opening theme was the catcher for me. Being the funky child that I was (still am really), I could always count on getting my p-funk on while watching this show.

Next we have the opening theme from Night Court. I'm sure most if not all of you know this show and it's funky ass opening, but I had to post it anyhow. A little know fact about this show is that back in HS, it would come on UPN 20 at like 11:00 and I'd stay up and watch it most nights while I was supposed to be doing homework or studying for the SATs. I guess that's one of the many reasons that it has taken me almost 9 years to complete my BBA. Priorities MAAAAAAN!

Finally, one of the all time classics. Anyone remember 3-2-1 contact? If not, check this. One of my all time favorite shows. That and Electric Company and the second "Original" Mickey Mouse Club who changed their steez to be more "hood" and shit. Even Disney can't escape the wrath!

All in all, these are 3 of the many late 70's through mid 90's TV hits that had some funk inspired soundtracks to them that you may have not thought about in a while. Speaking of which, hit
this site up to get Martin on DVD. That shit is a shame.

Hoping that I still have my snow shovel,

Brother B fka
Rob Hood.

DISCLAIMER: ALLTHANGSFUNKY exists for the purpose of sharing good, classic funky type music to the masses. Our files are deleted from our site 7 days after posting. If anyone has an issue with us posting their original recordings, please email us at brotherbeee@gmail.com. Keep It Funkin'